The unique design of the Granab systems – with components made from inorganic materials, steel girders, dampening elements and adjustment screws of various lengths – permits installation in many project types and entails considerable benefits to houses, apartments and common areas through its innovative design, durability and ease of installation.
Impact and airborne sound insulation
Granab subfloors are ideal for residential construction offering a range of sound insulation qualities and performance from compliant to exceeding the requirements of Approved Document Part E.
The Building Regulations approved document Part E requires the following performance values:
Airborne sound insulation in accordance with Building Regulations Part E
|Permitted values between spaces Rw (dB)|
|Type of space||Airborne||Impact|
|Purpose built dwelling-houses and flats||45dB||62dB|
|Dwelling-houses and flats formed by material change of use||43dB||64dB|
|Purpose built rooms for residential purposes||45dB||62dB|
|Rooms for residential purposes formed by material change of use||43dB||64dB|
|*Granab system height 70mm Incl. floor covering laid on 185mm hollowcore|
Key residential benefits
- Excellent airborne and impact sound insulation
- Height adjustable screw legs from 30 to 420mm
- Creates a service void for utilities and ventilation
- Suitable to facilitate most under floor heating systems
- Crates a creak free and comfortable floor to walk on
- Low weight at 5kg/m2 compared to screed at 200kg/m2
- Fast, accurate and easy installation
System 3000N standard spacing guide for main living areas.
System 7000N standard spacing guide for main living areas.
Recommended c/c spacings for girders and support blocks
- Rooms in dwellings, hotels, hospital rooms and staff rooms, c/c distance girders (sections), 600 mm.
- Assembly rooms such as classrooms, rooms in childcare centres, lecture halls, office rooms, premises for restaurants, cafés and dining halls, c/c distance girders (sections), 400 mm.
- Open areas in libraries, spaces with fixed seating such as in churches, theatres and cinemas, c/c distance girders (sections), 400 mm.
- Spaces without fixed seating in churches, concert halls, theatres, cinemas, museums, exhibition halls, retail areas in department stores and shops, gyms, sports centres, dance halls, corridors in schools, etc., c/c distance girders (sections), 300 mm.